The Federal Emergency Management Agency updates their guidance documents annually - with final guidance published in November each year. With 2 dimensional engineering models becoming more common there is a need to update FEMA's guidance associated with floodways. This webinar will provide information on proposed revisions to FEMA's floodway guidance associated with floodways and how to provide comments on the proposed revisions.
- Alan Lulloff, PE, CFM - ASFPM Flood Science Center
- Laura Algeo, PE - FEMA
- Brian Koper - FEMA
- Andy Bonner, PE, PMP, CFM - AECOM
- Sarada Kalikivaya, PE, PMP, CFM - Atkins
- Webinar Logistics - Jason Hochschild, ASFPM Flood Science Center
- Introduction - Alan Lulloff
- Why revisions to FEMA's Floodway Guidance is needed - Laura Algeo
- Process used to develop proposed revisions associated with 2D floodways
- Proposed revisions associated with 2D floodways
- How to submit comments on proposed revisions
Comments or suggestions concerning mapping standards and guidance may be submitted to FEMA electronically during the public review periods by sending an email message to FEMA.GS@riskmapcds.com. Standards comments must be received by July 31, 2020 for consideration for this cycle’s update. Guidance public review period is scheduled for August, 2020.
[Note: The audio issues at the start of webinar mostly clear up during the main content.]