Funding: Federal Emergency Management Agency.
ASFPM is working to develop a filterable, online library of flood mitigation options that can reduce flooding on the structure and property level. The library will be geared primarily towards property owners and flood insurance policy holders to help them determine which mitigation options would best work for their properties. At a minimum, this online library will have the following attributes:
- Description of the mitigation option with extensive pictures that will be added to ASFPM’s Flickr site
- Estimated cost range of the option
- Video of the option being implemented at least for the most common options
- Planning information related to the option
- Potential effect on flood insurance rates
- Additional information resources including potential funding sources