The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a process for revising Flood Insurance Rate Maps. A Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) is FEMA's official modification to an effective Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM). Coastal LOMRs can result in a change to the effective Base Flood Elevations (BFEs) or the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). This webinar will provide information on the LOMR review process with a specific focus on Coastal LOMRs. Information will also be provided on submittal requirements associated with the Great Lakes - the freshwater coast.
- Alan Lulloff, PE, CFM - ASFPM Flood Science Center
- Erin Benford, Coastal Scientist - AECOM
- Jeff Gangai, CFM - Dewberry
- Webinar Logistics - Jason Hochschild, ASFPM Flood Science Center
- Introduction - Alan Lulloff
- Types of Revisions: LOMR, CLOMR, PMR- Erin Benford
- Applicable Regulations and Policies
- Submittal Requirements
- Common Issues and Mistakes
- Great Lakes Submittal Requirements - Jeff Gangai
Note: Viewing the recording of this webinar is not eligible for CECs.